Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Fox in the Hen House

The drawbacks to having a wee little lap doggy on the farm... Despite her death defying skills in donkey chasing, her refusal to be completely potty trained and my husbands open distaste for her. She is now a convicted felon.

Over the past few weeks I've noticed a dramatic change in the number of eggs the chickens have been laying. We have the usual raccoon and opossum thieves, occasionally we get a badger here and there, but today I find our sweet little Stella prancing around the back yard with THIS in her mouth. She was so embarrassed when I snapped this pic. How guilty is that face?

What does she do when I take it away? She promptly trots back to the chicken coop, through the door and back out in two seconds with another egg. Now I have to puppy proof the darn thing! How am I going to do that?


No comments:

Post a Comment